Millions Of Americans Have Thyroid Issues. Are You One Of Them?
Symptoms resulting from a thyroid disorder are very common. Here’s how to tell. Are you:
- Unable to lose weight, even with diet and exercise
- Always tired or fatigued
- Needing an excessive amount of sleep to function
- Having memory issues or a “foggy brain”
- Experiencing frequent depression
- Noticing hair loss or thinning of the hair
- experiencing constipation or bowel problems
Important Information About Thyroid Disorders
Why A Specialist Matters
The truth is, thyroid symptoms are easy to misdiagnose, especially if done by a physician who does not specialize in endocrinology.
Without a specialist, odds are good that you’ll be given an incorrect diagnosis and the wrong medications, further prolonging the condition. And is 7 minutes (the average doctor’s visit) with a general physician really enough to make a proper diagnosis?
And what if it’s Hashimoto’s instead of a normal Thyroid Condition? Hashimoto’s is an autoimmune disorder and requires a completely different plan for eliminating symptoms and managing the condition.
When was the last time any doctor asked you about your diet or nutrition?
It takes years of study, certification and practice to master functional medicine, which is the type of care we offer at our clinic.
Without a solid understanding of biochemistry and how nutrition impacts our bodies, you are not likely to permanent relief for your condition. And drug companies aren’t interested in cures, only offering relief for symptoms that will always return and require more pills. In short, there is a very good reason to see a specialist.
How We Are Different (And Better!)
Our comprehensive program evaluates and modifies the following:
- Nutritional Status – What vitamins and minerals are you getting, and are they being absorbed effectively?
- Hormonal Status – How are certain hormones like insulin, estrogen and testosterone affecting the thyroid?
- Nervous System – How is the brain impacting the thyroid, and vice-versa?
- Intestinal Status – Do you have a leaky gut and is it affecting the thyroid? How are the 3 pounds of gut bacteria in your body affecting your immune system?
- Immune Status – Is your body able to eliminate toxins that impact the thyroid? Are you generating enough anti-oxidants?
- Inflammation Status – Is your body chemistry contributing to inflammation that causes pain and fatigue?
- Food Sensitivities – Which foods are hurting your body and impacting the immune system?
Why Functional Medicine Is A Better Solution
Functional medicine is all about “thinking & linking” your systems together instead of “blaming & taming”. Whether it’s diet, lifestyle modifications, supplements or other modalities, you need a plan that is designed for your specific needs, not a one size fits all drug or dietary plan.
The Reason You’re Probably Still Reading This Is…..
Maybe you’ve already been diagnosed, and the drugs are not working like they should. Maybe the thyroid replacement therapy is not getting the results you expected. Or maybe you have identified several symptoms and are concerned that you may have a thyroid disorder. Whatever the reason, it is important to get a proper evaluation from a doctor who understands the endocrine system and how to identify and address a thyroid disorder. And more importantly, you need a doctor who will not just prescribe drugs, but one who will address the root cause of your symptoms and create a customized plan for your body. That is what you deserve.
Ready To Get Started? Call (480) 964-5107 Today
We offer an alternative to medications, one that addresses the root cause of your illness. This “whole body” approach evaluates all areas of the body, not just the ones triggering symptoms.
If you are tired of drug based health care and want solutions that can provide long term relief, then call us today!
Schedule An Appointment
Please fill out the form below.